Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart. -->

Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart.



Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart.

1 Samuel 13:14 But now your kingdom shall not endure. The LORD has sought out for Himself a man after His own heart, and the LORD has appointed him as ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you."

Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart.
We can see why David was such a man by studying his history and the psalms he wrote.
In general it means that David knew something of the heart of God and tried to keep his heart it harmony with what he knew.
Let us strive to obtain the following qualities and heart attitudes seen in David, and earnestly pray that God will produce them in us.
And let us remember that David did not have suchc qualities and attitudes by nature just like the rest of the human race, and this he himself understood quite well    

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
His sins were his own, his good qualities were produced in him by the spirit of God, with, of course, David's cooperation.
David had great confidence and trust in God,not in himself 
1 Samuel 17:37 And David said, "The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the LORD be with you."

David always praised God for what was accomplished, not himself 
Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.
David wanted glory and honor to be given to God, not to himself 
1 Samuel 17:26 Then David spoke to the men who were standing by him, saying, "What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should taunt the armies of the living God?"
David delighted in the word of God and made it his business to know it and obey it Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times
David was a humble man who was tried to keep himself free of that pride and arrogance which God hates -  Psalm 40:17 Since I am afflicted and needy, Let the Lord be mindful of me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God
David had the fear of the Lord which made him spiritually wise and obedientPsalm 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether.
David was man of prayer who acknowledged his need and helplessness and opened his heart and life to God to meet his need, a man who nourished his spiritual life in the presence of God 
Psalm 5:3,7 In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch,But as for me, by Your abundant loving kindness I will enter Your house, At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
He loved God's holiness and wanted his whole life to be conformed to it Psalm 19:13,14 Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer





Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart. Why God regarded David as a man after His own heart. Reviewed by JOEL KANNURI on 08:49:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.