The LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart -->

The LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart



David had a great confidence and trust in God, not in himself 

I Sam 13: 14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.
God's heart is a person who will be spiritually wise and obedient, and not like Saul who was foolish and disobedient. But no doubt it will be profitable for us to consider in more detail own heart. We can see why David was such own heart. We can see why David as  a man  after His own heart.
We can see why David was such a man by studying his history and the Psalms he wrote. In genertal it means that David new something of the heart of God and tried to keep his heart harmony with what he knew.
Let us strive to obtain the following qualities and heart attitudes seen in David, and earnestly pray that God will produce them  in us. 
And let us remember that David, did not have such qualities and attitudes by nature.

He was a fallen human being with a sinful nature just like the of the human race, and this he himself understood quite well (Ps 51:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day)
His sins were his own, his good qualities were produced in him by the spirit of God,  with, of course, David's cooperation.


 (a)David had a great confidence and trust in God, not in himself - ISam 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
Ps 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.


(b) David always praised God for what was accomplished, not himself  - Ps 9:1I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
Ps 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

(c) David wanted glory and honor to be given to God, not to himself - ISam 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
(d) David wanted to obey God's will, not his own - Ps 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
(e) David delighted in the word of God and made it his business to know it and obey it - Ps 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
(f) David was a man of integrity faithful in the tasks given him to do,  whether it was tending sheep or ruling kingdom ISam 17 :34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

The LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart The LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart Reviewed by JOEL KANNURI on 03:53:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.