Jonah's Prayer -->

Jonah's Prayer



Jonah's Prayer

Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, and said: "I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and He heard me. Out of the belly of hell cried I, and Thou heardest my voice.This is surely the strangest place from which anyone ever prayed. But the true and living God can hear us no matter where we are, no matter how extreme our trouble or how great and desperate our need.

In the prayer which follows it is significant that Jonah does not pray to get out of the fish's belly. But since he is turning back to God, it seems that assumed that God would deliver him.He may have realized that the fish was God's way of deliverance from death in the sea.

Jonah 2:3 For Thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas, and the floods compassed me about; all Thy billows and Thy waves passed over me.

"I cried out" - he had faced death calmly, and even thought it was good for him to die. But facing death and actually experiencing it are two different things. He went into the sea quietly enough, but when sea began to go into him he was alarmed. 

"He heard me" - Yes, we see God's goodness even to disobedient prophet. How much more will God hear those obey Him.
Ps 31:22 For I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before Thine eyes!" Nevertheless Thou heard the voice of my supplications when I cried unto Thee.

Ps 73:22,,23 So foolish was I and ignorant; I was as a beast before Thee. Nevertheless I am continually with Thee; Thou hast held me by my right hand. 

Lam 3:19-23 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope: It is through the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness.

Our danger or trouble is never so great as to be beyond the reach of God's help if we will call to Him. This should be always our confidence.

Jonah's Prayer Jonah's Prayer Reviewed by JOEL KANNURI on 04:03:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.