How can the bible give me comfort -->

How can the bible give me comfort


Gods Promises in the Bible COMFORT AND ENCOURAGE US in this Life and give us the confident assurance that we will one day live forever in peace and security with him.



For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Rom 15.4

Remember the word to Your servant, In which You have made me hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me. Psalm 119:49,50


I have remembered Your ordinances from of old, O LORD, And comfort myself.


Your statutes are my songs In the house of my pilgrimage. Psalm 119.52,54

Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.Prov.30.5


2 Corinthians 1:3-4 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
Psalm 1:1-6 

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; 

1 Kings 19:3-9 
Then he was afraid, and he arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.” And he looked, and behold, there was at his head a cake baked on hot stones and a jar of water. And he ate and drank and lay down again. And the angel of the Lord came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” 
How can the bible give me comfort How can the bible give me comfort Reviewed by Anonymous on 21:47:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.