The way to overcome the discouragement and temptations -->

The way to overcome the discouragement and temptations


The way to overcome the discouragement and temptations

Psalms 42:1,2 As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

Perhaps a good name for this psalm  is "Spiritual depression, its causes and cure".

He sought God but did not seem to be able to enter into a fresh experience of His presence (Vs 1,2)

His enemies taunted him because it seemed he was deserted by God (Psalms 42:3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

He compared his present condition with happier, better times and grieved at the comparison (Psalms 42:4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday).

He thinks he is submerged in troubles and sorrows sent by God (Ps 42:7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me).

And he feels that God has forgotten him for the time (Ps 42:9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?)

These are reasons enough for continual depression if one neglects the cure. 

He gives the cure in Vs 5,6,11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar).

In the word "why" Vs 5,9,11  I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?)

In spite of very difficult circumstances he realizes that since God is His savior, and his God, he should not be depressed hearts.

Giving in to gloomy feelings, unbelief, and despair is the opposite of what we should be doing, and we must fight against it and  use God's way to overcome all such things  is not without relevance here.
One of the weapons Satan and his hordes use to try to defeat us in our spiritual life is discouragement or depression.

In times of depression he shows us what  we should seek not merely from unhappy circumstances, or what God can do for us, but God Himself.

Personal experience of the great Creator of the universe is of greater value than the whole world and anything else that can be gained. 
Knowing Him is eternal life, and knowing Him better and experiencing His fellowship more deeply must be chief concern of those who have eternal life (Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him). And it is surely the way to over come discouragement and temptations to despair. 

We can see at times of God seems at distance and must be sought  (Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart).

The way to overcome the discouragement and temptations The way to overcome the discouragement and temptations Reviewed by JOEL KANNURI on 22:09:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.